Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring (HFDM)
What is Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring (HFDM)?
HFDM is the systematic, pro-active use of digital flight data from routine helicopter operations to improve aviation safety.
It is most effective as an integral part of a Safety Management System (SMS) operated within a ‘Just Culture’ environment.
HFDM programmes assist operators to identify, quantify, assess and address operational risks.
- Identify areas of concern
- Intervene with remedial measures
- Watch your event occurrence rates tumble
What HFDM can do for you
HFDM can provide analysis of routine flight data giving you:
- Oversight of your operations
- Ensure SOP compliance
- Detailed trend analysis highlighting safety issues
- Clear focus for your training effort
- Animations of specific flights of interest
- Early warning of maintenance issues
- Assistance with investigations
- Potential for reducing insurance fees
- Financial savings at the bottom line